- happiness begets boredom/complacency
- passion can lead to errors in judgement
- disinterestedness lacks the eagerness required to uncover difficult truths
- spiritual growth can lead to the vices of excessive pride, righteousness and hubris
For every benefit there is a liability.
- sorrow makes us work hard for improvement
- passion comes with a drive to uncover difficult truths
- disinterestedness evaluates evidence on merits of pure reason
- excessive pride, righteousness and hubris can lead to downfall which creates deep insight and compassion
For every liability there is a benefit.
Negatives contain positives, assets double as liabilities. Shit feeds growth that produces shit.