Back in 2002, I created xvsxp.com, and when I shuttered the site in 2005 (due to personal matters), the downloadable pdf of the site had received over a quarter of a million downloads, and that’s just the pdf.
Wouldn’t you know it, it’s been 15 years since that site closed and yet mac vs windows searches are still the number one searches that people use to find me. I am incredibly proud of and grateful for all the attention that has gotten, and I like to think its success had something to do with the fact that people yearn for long-form, fair-minded discussion and, at least with that particular subject, it was in short supply on the internet, so the site resonated with many people on that level. If you’ve read this far, you may be wondering:
If the site was so popular, why did you end it?
In 2000 I developed persistent forearm and hand pain, certainly an overuse syndrome (computers). In 2004 my son was born and my arm pain wasn’t getting better, so at the end of that year, I decided I couldn’t maintain the site. It passed hands to a group of fans, but they couldn’t maintain it either, so their iteration of the site eventually ended as well.
What have you been up to in the last 15 years?
- I spent 2005-2015 in a futile attempt to cure/manage my arm pain, doctors were stumped, nothing helped
- I drastically cut back on computer use. As a creative person, that was heartbreaking.
- In 2011 I became very interested in the U.S. Government’s Remote Viewing/psychic spying program. (My mom had a near death experience, and I’ve have had out of body experiences, I excellent dream recall, and lucid dreams, and precognitive dreams, so this was right up my alley).
- In 2012 I wrote Remote Viewing Challenges Scientific Fundamentals, in the same long-form, fair-minded style as Mac vs Windows.
- In 2013 I created my own dream/precognition diary phone database, which allowed me to quantify my own precognitive dreams (mind-bending fodder for a future post).
- In 2015 I finally got a diagnosis: Chronic pain.
- Along with a diagnosis I found medicine to manage the pain, which started to give me my life back.
- In 2016 I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety (pharma and talk therapy to the rescue!)
- In 2016 I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Turns out excellent dream recall is not a superpower, it is a symptom of sleep apnea.
- In that same year, I lost three people who were very close to me, which caused me to think deeply about what I want to do next in the world.
- In 2018 I wrote my first novella, Super Human.
Wow, that sounds super exciting! Buuuut, I’ve never heard of this book, so maybe I won’t like it.
Fair enough. Take this brief quiz to find out if you’ like Super Human. Which of these statements are true for you:
- I love New Adult Science Fiction
- I love Sci-fi when it makes you think.
- I love Sci-fi when it makes you wonder ‘Why am I here?’
- I love Sci-fi when it makes you wonder ‘How might humanity improve past its present level of maturity?’
- I love Sci-fi when it puts ancient truths in a modern context and considers fundamentals like the nature of consciousness
- I love Sci-fi when it weaves in parapsychology, UFOs, aliens, Men in Black, ESP, and all of that fun stuff
- I love Sci-fi when it layers on top of all of that humor, romance, adventure, and suspense
- I think it would be cool to learn the basics of Remote Viewing.
If you answered yes to five or more, you’ll probably love this book:
And if you’re still reading, it’s your destiny to buy this book.